Monday 4 September 2017

Advanced Squad Leader Tournament: Why bother organizing one?

So, I've gone insane.  It's official.  You see, I recently decided, on my own, to organize a tournament for my favorite game, Advanced Squad Leader.  Why would I do that?  Well, for one, I love to play the game.  Not only is it fun, it's a great way to socialize with some of my great friends from both near and far.

Kedge (Left) and Carl (Right). Two great reasons to play ASL
So, I decided, pretty much on my own, to set up a local tournament, advertised around the world via the internet on the site I got.  The site can be found here.  My aim?  I'm hoping to get 16 players for the main tournament, 8 for the mini tournament and 4 for a Marathon Match.  That may be a tall order, but given the number of local players, I'm confident we can get at least 20.  That would put me just barely in the red as far as finances go, but not by much.  Given how much I spend on this hobby every year, well, I'm probably saving money!

So, as with most things, this is just a quick teaser.  I'm sure I'll post updates to this as the date gets closer.  So, hope to see you at the Human Wave 2018!  

No comments:

Post a Comment